As one of Canada’s best promotional product suppliers, Genumark has grown to become the national leader in sourcing and distributing promotional merchandise and corporate uniforms and apparel. With offices, showrooms and warehouses across Canada including Toronto, Kitchener, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver.
Our multiple locations and 100+ full-time employees across Canada allow us to provide regional service to prominent national accounts such as CIBC, Microsoft Canada, Telus, Ford of Canada, Toys R US, Loblaw Companies, Corby’s, Sony Canada, Nexen, Enmax, Smart Technologies, AGF Mutual Funds and many others. Genumark also have numerous accounts which are focused on a provincial or municipal level. To learn more, visit us at genumark.com.
Named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from 2011 to present Genumark believes happy employees are a precondition to happy customers.
Genumark headquarters is the 42,000 square foot sales and distribution facility located at 707 Gordon Baker Road in Toronto.
SHIPPER / RECEIVER WAREHOUSE
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our company as a Shipper/Receiver. As part of our team, you are responsible for ensuring all product orders and sample shipments are received, counted and drop shipped in a timely and effective manner. Once products are approved, orders are prepared for transport and the most economical courier and method of shipping are sought. This is a position that requires a highly organized personality. You must pay close attention to small details while managing logistics of a high volume of items entering and leaving the facility. You must be able to lift up to twenty pounds unaided and be able to bend, crouch, and lift items throughout your shift.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Present to the applicable Sales Coordinator, for approval, a random sample from each inbound shipment
- Verify all packing slips for accuracy and report discrepancies to Sales Coordinator immediately
- Alert Sales Coordinator to any quality control issues/problems
- Attend monthly departmental meetings
- Drop ship approved orders
- Process all orders through the applicable courier computer, or otherwise, system
- Track and investigate shipments as and when required by Sales Coordinators
- Pack all orders in appropriate shipping containers
- Follow up on drop shipped orders that have not been shipped to clients
- Participate in completing special custom split ship/fulfillment orders
- Prepare all required documents for International shipment
- Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; conduct employee training and accident investigations; coordinate Health & Safety training within the department
- May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities as set forth above and to work in other areas of the warehouse from time to time based on business demands on a continuous basis
HERE’S WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum 2 years general warehouse/labour work experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain management is an asset
- Work involves a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Physical Demands: standing for long periods of time, lifting, working in awkward positions (twisting, bending), repetitive manual operations (such as packing small parts quickly, etc.), pushing and pulling objects in general, pushing and pulling hand carts
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organizational skills required. Ability to meet designated deadlines is also critical
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 software – specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as using the Internet as a research tool
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills with the ability to build processes and determine how to improve efforts
- Think “outside” the box”, be pro-active, problem solve and suggest corrective course of action
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Available to work extended hours – evening and weekends
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada
Genumark is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Genumark is searching far and wide for energetic, self-motivated and experienced Account Managers from the promotional products industry. Applicants are welcome from across Canada as this position can be worked from a home satellite office. New team members will become part of one of the most dynamic and seasoned teams in the industry, let alone Canada. We strive to provide our clients with solutions that build excitement through tangible interactions and expect the same enthusiasm from our members. have an amazing experience, working at the largest privately owned promotional merchandise distributor in Canada!
Genumark specializes in sourcing all types corporate merchandise, including promotional swag and corporate apparel. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past seven years in a row and were recently named The 2018 National Distributor of the Year by Promotional Product Professional of Canada (PPPC). Our company was founded in 1980 and operates across the country, with offices strategically located in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Ottawa. We are looking for new Account Managers from all regions of our great country!
Genumark successfully services and manages major national accounts. Our clients are leading national and North American brands that are part of our everyday lives and shape Canadian culture. Our success is driven by being “big enough to matter, but small enough to care.” With 100+ experienced promotional products professionals, this account manager will get the chance to work with the best in the industry.
The account manager role is a full-time position, with flexibility on varying compensation packages. Group benefits are available for anyone joining in this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Actively search for and bring in new client leads.
· Work closely with clients to develop & source products needed to support their promotion and marketing event.
· Design & produce products with industry leading manufacturers.
· Manage client project from product concept, sourcing, quoting, production, and delivery.
· Collaborate with the experienced Account Management team to develop new product concepts.
· Follow a positive ‘client-first’ approach on all merchandise projects.
· Create presentations, projects and orders through Genumark’s licensed workflow management software.
· 5+ years sales & product sourcing experience in the promotional products industry
· Work independently on client projects in a collaborative team environment
· Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Effective computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
· The ability to communicate effectively at client & manufacturing levels
· If interested, please email email@example.com